All well-organised case events are built around a clearly communicated timeline. When you are setting up your event with Innoflow, we make it easy with the use of milestones.
These milestones are then displayed prominently on your event and case pages in a timeline, and with a convenient countdown clock. Not only does it automate manual work, so you save the trouble of keeping track of deadlines, it will also be appreciated by your candidates. This article will help you set it up.
Creating your timeline
Once you have navigated to Milestones via the Dashboard, you’ll be ready to create your timeline. Every adjustment you make here will be automatically displayed on both the event and case pages.
Drag and drop the required milestones in this order:
- The Sign-up milestone marks the deadline time and date for your participants. It is only after this milestone has been set that participants can sign up.
- The Case Launch milestone is the time and date at which the case you would like your participants to solve is released. An ‘Open Case’ button will automatically now show on the event page, and participants will be taken to the Case Page.
- The Submissions deadline marks the cut-off point, at which participants can no longer upload solutions.
- Add Suggested Milestones or create your own entirely new ones. You find the suggested milestones in the dropdown in the left side column right under the required ones, while you create new ones by hitting ‘Create Milestone’ in the right side column.
- If you need to rearrange your milestones, you can move them up and down by the use of the arrows at the top right corner of each milestone.
- Finally, you can go in and edit time, dates, descriptions of all milestones to fit your event, and hit ‘save.’